Sunday, September 7, 2014

Introduction

    I was first introduced to aviation by my father at a very young age, which originally consisted of attending air shows in a Radio Flyer. In first grade I went up in a small plane and I remember the pilot (my teacher's husband) flying over my house and showing me where my school was. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I can't recall ever wanting to do anything but fly since. 
     As I continued to learn more and more about aviation I made the switch from wanting to pursue a career in the civilian sector to military in high school. I applied and got accepted into the Naval ROTC program at the University of Michigan. I am currently in my final year of the program and pending an approval for an air contract with the Marine Corps. 
    I am currently a member of EAA and have camped out at AirVenture in Oshkosh twice with my dad and friends. Both summers I had a fantastic time, learned a lot, meet awesome people (i.e. Kirby Chambliss), and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the aviation community. 
   I try to keep up on recent events in the aviation community but tend to focus on military aviation as it directly pertains to my future career. 
                   Summer 2013  --- flight in the Ford Tri-Motor that I saw being restored at
                                  Kalamazoo during my senior year of high school!

1 comment:

  1. Nice intro. Sounds like you have a solid career path established - hopefully, this course will be able to give you some ideas for after you get out of the military (if you do). I bought my husband a ride in the Trimotor for Father's Day - he loved it!

    ReplyDelete